Wednesday, November 24, 2010

So....while the muffins are baking, the girls are emptying the dishwasher, the dryer is drying my clothes, the potatoes are cooking on the stove-top and the dishes are drying in the sink, I'm down in my craft corner. Who needs me??? :) (ha-ha, edited to add: by the time I got ready to stamp, the timer had gone off, the dryer buzzed and the potatoes were boiling over!!!!!!!!!!!)

Today I need to make my dad a birthday card. It's coming right up on Friday! I think we'll head in for a pizza party with him on Friday evening. The place where he lives has a lovely dining area that everyone can use. My dad will also be with us tomorrow too, for our Thanksgiving feast. I told him I would put a candle in every pie for him! :) My dad loves coffee, so hence the coffee theme! I played along with the SCS SC308 Sketch Challenge and again with the SCS CC298 Color challenge. (no dessert option used this time!)


Paper: PTI Kraft, SU Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso
Inks: SU Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
Stamps: SU Holiday Wishes, Hero Arts Sparkle Clear: Coffee, TPC Studio: Coffee Cafe (beans), GKD "my cuppa' joe" by Rupa Shevde (steam)
Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing folders, Nesties ovals, sponge, corner rounder

So, now life must resume. I need to make a quick vacuum through and set up the DD1's room for 5 girls to sleep in there night. Whoot! Fun, fun.

But before I go, here are some pictures of the day:

DD2 thought we needed to organize the drawer in the
bathroom where we keep our hair stuff. She had the door closed
and kept telling me not to look. I just assumed she was doing
one of her AG doll's hair, getting her ready to play
this evening and tomorrow with some friends
and their AG dolls. But, nope, she was happily
organizing and labeling away. Wonder where
she gets that from???
Too cute!!

And one of many pie crusts that got rolled out today.
***YUM***
It's my MIL's oil crust recipe, and it's one of the most
treasured things
I've received from her.
In fact, I realized while making pies today, that I
should make a scrapbook page with the recipe
and a picture of her and some of the pie pictures I have.
Love inspiration like that!


And so I leave you with wishes for a very
filling and wonderful Thanksgiving!!!





2 comments:

Stacy@{share and remember} said...

Great organization! :) I'd love to try a great pie crust if you share the recipe! I gave up & buy mine...

Rebekah said...

Thanks Stacy...I'll post it over at What's for Supper.