Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Glazed Poinsettia


Paper: Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler
Stamps: GKD A Year of Flowers, GKD Pressed Flowers (Both by Melanie Muenchinger)
Accessories: brads, nesties circles, SU ribbon, Cuttlebug emboss folder, corner rounder, crystal effects, Sizzlit tag die, linen thread, sponge

Wohoo, I got to work in some stamp time today!! I'm loving this balanced feeling, even on busy days! I spent my morning very focused and was able to get a lot of little jobs done in preparation for Thanksgiving day. I've noticed I'm much more efficient with my morning time now that I know it's working out to take the afternoon "off"!! Keeping my fingers crossed that it will work out tomorrow too...but we'll see. My girls will be home from school and I have many things to do, one of which is make 4 pies!!!! ***YUM*** Which reminds me, I need to go searching for a yummy chocolate something or other pie! Gotta' have chocolate...even on Thanksgiving!

My dining room is looking like it's ready for some company. I polished the silver this morning and that brought a bunch of happy memories of my mom. She loved to make her silver all sparkly...and I do too! I have no problem using my silver and china. Some folks are intimidated by theirs I think, but the more you use it, the more comfortable you are with it...and the more comfortable your children are with "finery"!

So, speaking of sparkly, I have a shiny card to show off for the SCS CC298 challenge (and Gina K's sketch challenge this week, STVSKSP3). The dessert option for the color challenge (my mind is totally on PIE this week!) was to add a glaze of some sort. I pulled out my Crystal Effects, which I think I'm safe to say, hasn't been used in many moons. I don't know if that shows up in the picture, but the whole poinsettia is covered with it! I just bought a real poinsettia last evening for $3.49 at Aldi! What a steal. It's beautiful. I plan on repotting it later this afternoon.

2 comments:

Janeen said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Love your entire post. I see you have some followers already. We will have to chat after T-day. We are leaving tomorrow a.m. for Alabama and family time.

Melissa said...

Beautiful! Love the red and white combo!! Enjoy your pies and have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!! :)