Saturday, November 27, 2010

Brrr, feels like Ol' Man Winter is settling in. No snow yet, but bitter winds and cold temps are here.

We've had a wonderful Thanksgiving vacation. But something was missing. I finally decided it was my daily stamping session. I take a "vacation" from my routines when my family is home, and it always feels so nice to sit back and relax and enjoy their company. But after a day or two of that, I realize they don't need me so much LOL! DH is grading papers. My daughters are happily playing together off it another room. And I'm lazing on the coach and had enough of this relaxing "stuff"!! I headed down to my corner this afternoon, and now I feel much better, thankyouverymuch! I need to send a check out on Monday to my cousin's for the candy I ordered...(Candy Kraft Candies) and, of course, a card is needed to go along with it! :)

Today in the mail I rec'd my new EK Success Large Snowman Punch. Just a few weeks ago, I sent them the one I had purchased at a Joann's store. The punch wasn't working properly. It still sticks, but just needs to be poked with your finger to un-stick him. Great customer service, BTW, so no fears of buying more of their product.

Paper: Black, White, SU Cherry Cobbler
Ink: SU Marina Mist (inked around the snowman edges)
Supplies: EK Succes Lg snowman punch, gems, SU embossing folder, sponge, Cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder (snowman's scarf), orange marker (carrot nose), PTI Everyday Classics (inside sentiment)


Along the lines of greetings and cards, I just lifted a huge load off of myself and ordered our New Year's greetings at Shutterfly! I used a family picture we had taken in September by a DF. I'm pretty pleased with the outcome. And the price! They have a sale going on right now, and I think the cards I ordered ended up being 20% off, plus I found a code at Retailmenot for another 5% off!! So they ended up being around 55 cents a piece (envelopes are included...huge bonus!). That's way cheaper than last year's homemade greetings were...yikes!! So, onward and forward, one less project to dream up!


No comments: